The MIMESIS team is seeking applications for a full-time permanent research position in the area of Data-driven Simulation for Computer-Aided Medical Interventions. The MIMESIS team is an Inria research group, located in Strasbourg, France. Its main focus is the development of novel methods for Computer-Guided Interventions. In this multi-disciplinary research field, we are making strong contributions in the areas of real-time, data-driven, patient-specific, soft tissue deformation, but also contact modeling, data assimilation, machine learning, non-rigid registration, augmented reality, and robotics. We are also actively involved in the development of a large open-source software, SOFA, used by several companies and many academics.
- Conduct world-class scientific research
- Publish in the best international conferences and journals,
- Acquire and manage external funding for both fundamental and applied research projects,
- Actively participate in collaborative work with our team members and research partners,
- Supervise Masters and Ph.D. students
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- You have a minimum of 1-year experience at Postdoctoral level
- You have an outstanding track record of research in one of the following fields:
- A track record of acquiring research funds is an advantage,
- Experience with valorization (e.g., industrial research projects, tech transfer) is an advantage.
* Modeling and simulation such as finite element methods
* Scientific computing (optimization methods and other numerical techniques)
* Computer Vision (in relationship with physics-based modeling or surgical procedures)
* Machine Learning (Bayesian Methods, Deep Learning and other AI methods)
How to apply?
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the MIMESIS team (see below)
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date of February 16th, 2020
- Details about the application process are here: https://www.inria.fr/en/researchers-normal-class-crcn
- A pre-selection will be made among the submitted applications.
- If pre-selected, the applicant will be interviewed by a panel of independent researchers
details about employment at Inria can be found here.
The selected candidate will be appointed in the Fall of 2020.
For any question contact: Prof. Stéphane Cotin, MIMESIS team leader.