This page presents how to use MinProximityIntersection and NewProximityIntersection and other IntersectionMethod parameters.
- optimized for mesh intersections
- intersection computation for : Triangle/Point, Line/Point, Line/Line, so that it covers all Triangle/Triangle intersections
- you must use simultaneaously in the Sofa scene the TriangleModel, LineModel and PointModel
- intersection computation is done between all pairs of collision primitives
- not as well optimized for meshes as MinProximityIntersection, to not duplicate contacts, each edge has its owner triangle, so when computing an intersection between two triangles, if one find a contact on an edge of the first triangle, if this edge does not belong to this triangle, the result will be false. It is the same for points.
- you must use only one CollisionModel among TriangleModel, LineModel, PointModel for a single object
- alarmDistance : maximum distance between collision elements for wich a contact is created
- contactDistance : parameter used in the contact creation
- proximity : enlargement of the collision model, i.e., value added to the alarmDistance and the contactDistance and also when building AABBs in the broad phase
- you can specify a different alarmDistance and contactDistance for each CollisionModel by setting alarmDistance and contactDistance to zero and changing the proximity parameter
Last modified: 5 October 2018