Over the time, many components have been implemented in SOFA. Some of these components are specific and allows for a particular functionnality. They have been repackaged into plugins that can be activated / desactivated in the compilation of SOFA.
In this documentation, you will find a brief description of these plugins
Specific Boudnary Conditions
This plugin gathers components that inherit from Forcefields and Projective Constraints. Here is the list of the components and their function:
- AffineMovementConstraint no description available: copy of PatchTestMovementConstraint (deprecated)
- ConicalForceField creates conical walls using penalty forces
- DiagonalVelocityDampingForceField creates damping forces. It allows to set specific coefficient of damping for each node and in each direction.
- EdgePressureForceField spread a pressure force on edges
- EllipsoidForceField creates ellipsoid walls using penalty forces
- FixedPlaneConstraint Specific implementation of partialFixedConstraint to fix a plane
- FixedRotationConstraint Specific implementation of partialFixedConstraint to fix the rotation on rigidtypes
- FixedTranslationConstraint Specific implementation of partialFixedConstraint ot fix the translation on rigidtypes
- HermiteSplineConstraint Impose a trajectory to given Dofs following a Hermite cubic spline constraint.
- LinearForceField Apply forces changing to given degres of freedom. Some keyTimes are given and the force to be applied is linearly interpolated between keyTimes
- LinearMovementConstraint impose a displacement to given DOFs (translation and rotation). The motion between 2 key times is linearly interpolated
- LinearVelocityConstraint impose a velocity to given DOFs (translation and rotation) The motion between 2 key times is linearly interpolated
- OscillatingTorsionPressureForceField was developped for creating an oscillating torsion (used in the paper )
- OscillatorConstraint Apply sinusoidal trajectories to particles.
- ParabolicConstraint Apply a parabolic trajectory to particles going through 3 points specified by the user.
- PartialLinearMovementConstraint impose a motion to given DOFs (translation and rotation) in some directions only.
- PatchTestMovementConstraint Impose a motion to all the boundary points of a mesh. The motion of the 4 corners are given in the data cornerMovements and the movements of the edge points are computed by linear interpolation.
- PointConstraint Attach given particles to their initial positions. This is a temporary class, somehow redundant with FixedConstraint, simplified to avoid the memory leak issue.
- PositionBasedDynamicsConstraint Position-based dynamics as described in [Muller06]: input: target positions X ( x(t) <- x(t) + stiffness.( X – x(t) ) v(t) = v(t) + stiffness.( X – x(t) ) /dt )
- ProjectDirectionConstraint Project particles to an affine straight line going through the particle original position.
- ProjectToLineConstraint Project particles to an affine straight line.
- ProjectToPlaneConstraint Project particles to an affine plane.
- ProjectToPointConstraint Attach given particles to their initial positions. Contrary to FixedConstraint, this one stops the particles even if they have a non-null initial velocity.
- QuadPressureForceField Implements a pressure force applied on a quad surface. (Redundant with SurfacePressureForceField). Does not implement AddKToMatrix (so it doesn’t work with direct solvers.
- SkeletalMotionConstraint impose a specific motion (translation and rotation) for each DOFs of a MechanicalObject based on a skeletal motion description
- SphereForceField creates sphere walls using penalty forces
- TorsionForceField This forcefield applies a torque to a set of selected nodes. The force is applied from a specified axis (origin and direction) and a torque value.
- UniformVelocityDampingForceField creates damping forces. Contrary to DiagonalVelocityDampingForceField the damping coefficient is uniform for each node and in each direction.
Specific User Interaction
This plugin gathers some components that are used to define some specific interaction using the mouse
- AddRecordedCameraPerformer Save the current camera’s position and orientation in the appropriate Data of Recorded Camera for navigation
- FixParticlePerformer Fix the points that are grabbed by the mouse
- InciseAlongPathPerformer Incise along the path defined by cliking on the mouse. It works only with triangles.
- RemovePrimitivePerforme Remove the primitives picked by the mouse.
- SuturePointPerformer create a spring between simulated object picked by the mouse
SOFA LM Constraint
This plugin gathers the following LM components : – BarycentricDistanceLMConstraintContact – DOFBlockerLMConstraint – FixedLMConstraint – DistanceLMContactConstraint – DistanceLMConstraint – LMConstraintSolver – LMConstraintDirectSolver
Last modified: 4 October 2017