First of all, our apologies for the delay. We had not much time this last month. We will definitely strengthen our online support in the coming weeks.
Self collision (activated using the data “selfCollision” in the CollisionModels) is working in SOFA when using the Lagrange multiplier approach for constraint solving.
What do you mean exactly by adding the boundary condition should be set on the outlayer surface?
Could you also share your scene so that I can test it exactly locally?
What you are facing here is not a problem of self collision. Rather a problem of numerical settings. Wrong setting of your physical properties could lead to instabilities.
But before going any further, I would ask you:
– what your mechanical properties?
– what is your time step?
– what is your object size?
– and could you try…[Read more]
Hugo replied to the topic Question about tutorial for TopologyVolumeDifferentMesh in the forum Programming with SOFA 4 months, 2 weeks ago
The two first meshes (stored in MeshTopology or regular CylinderGridTopology) are two static approaches. It allows obviously the object to deform during the simulation, but can not support topological changes: e.g. points added, triangle removed, edges duplicated etc. The last third mesh handles it.
Depending on your use case,…[Read more]
1. The component SparseLDLSolver seems to be well created in your simulation. You compiled it successfully (your problem is therefore different than the other topic) and it seems to be well created as well in the scene. Only the factorization fails on your side. I can not reproduce the error.
2. the error your are showing :…[Read more]
Could you point me out the tutorial scene you started from?
1. what do you mean by not working? before running your scene I needed to clean the naming (look at your spelling of Rayleigh). Then, when running it, it becomes unstable because you are applying a pressure in the surface cavity, and the mechanical model is only a…[Read more]
There several way of doing this.
I recommend you to choose one and stick to it.
The one I prefer is: create a repository apart from SOFA, containing all external plugins you want (STLIB, SoftRobot etc). At the root of this repository, you can then create a text file: CMakeLists.txt with the following…[Read more]