I have some questions regarding the the scene “Tetra2TriangleTopologicalMapping”, I would appreciate if anyone kindly guide me:
1. Is the purpose of adding the T node to add a skin to the liver?
2. At the post “How to set up parameters for “realistic” behavior of a liver”, it is mentioned that youngModulus=12000 and poissonRatio=0.3 would result in a realistic behavior of the liver. Are these parameters set up based on a certain reference?
3. If I want to add a skin on the liver, how should I set up parameters of the T node in the “Tetra2TriangleTopologicalMapping” so that it shows a realistic behavior of the skin of a liver?
Thanks in advance,
Point by point:
1. Exactly, the Tetra2TriangleTopologicalMapping is used in the “T” node to add stiffness on the surface of the model, thus mimicking the liver capsule
2. No, it is just the range of value for such an organ. However, depending on many physiological info (age, hepatic pathologies ..) these values can change a lot
3. Just like in the scene example. The TologicalMapping only makes a correspondence between the two (volumetric and surface) topologies.
I hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your kind explanation.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get involved in this forum: