Latest STC (STC#8) took place the 20-22nd November 2019 in Paris.
During this meeting, the committee voted the following roadmap:
- Rollback the changes already done (Visitor solution)
- Integrate the DataLink in BaseObject to explicit dependency between Data / Components
- Create a first proof of concept of a DataGraph-oriented simulation on a SOFA subset
- Test it on several use cases in research teams
- Update or migrate example scenes
- Be able to work with both SofaPython and SofaPython3 at the same time
→ binary version of SOFA will not be bound to a specific version of SofaPython
- Explain clearly at release this is the last release with SofaPython
- Remove SofaPython from SOFA repo
- Go from alpha state to beta state: something stable and usable
- Runtime stability
- Include more people after STC#9
Besides the main roadmap tasks, a lot of projects are going to evolve in the next 6 months. Please find the details of their objectives in the STC#8 Report below.
- User Experience
The whole community is working on making SOFA user experience better and better.
Here are some objectives for v20.06:
– Improve documentation
– Improve tutorials
– Launch SOFA Continuous Delivery and link SOFA Package Manager to its artifacts
This project is held by Defrost team from Inria Lille.
→ See the DocBrowser branch for details.
Further to SOFA dev environment update (minimal supported versions of compilers and dependencies), DocBrowser features will be integrated in runSofa.
Read the full STC#8 report