SOFA is currently changing a lot (for the good!). Architecture refactoring and introduction of new features have consequences in the API. Major breaking contributions are detailed below:
Work within the SOFA-NG project implied to refactor all SOFA architecture:
- Old modules are now deprecated, new modules were created, components were moved to the new modules following a better dispatch.
- Deprecated modules are still usable for now but will be permanently removed at v23.06.
A documentation on transition is available to help you understand the changes and update your code.
Cleaning and simplifying the code base implied to:
- Update data name in SparseLDLSolver #2904
- Add a helper class for consistent component naming #2631
- Move TriangleOctree utility class to Helper #2805
- BoxStiffSpringForceField is now a pack of components #2621
- Some cleaning in TriangularFEMForceFieldOptim #2567
- Create a TriangleFEMUtils class to factorise [Triangle,Triangular]FEMForceField code #2287
- Remove unused _assembling data #2901
- Fix duplicate Data Points in PointSetTopologyContainer #2993
Find all the breaking pull-requests introduced in this release.
The Caribou project is aimed at multiphysics computation. It brings a plugin that complements SOFA multiphysics framework. It also provides generic C++ utilities, and SOFA components such as solvers and forcefields.
Read more about the Caribou plugin!
The plugin implements the Kirchhoff rod theory modeling any 1D flexible structure, like catheters or guidewires. Moreover, an adaptive formulation is proposed to model the insertion of such medical devices.
Discover more about the BeamAdapter plugin which is finally open-source!