8 May 2018 at 12 h 12 min #11001
I have followed the instructions on the documentation to install SOFA 17.12 on Ubuntu 16.04 until the compile section. The “build.ninja” is created in the build folder, but as I go to the build folder in the terminal and type ninja to compile, I get this message: “ninja: no work to do.”
Can anybody tell me what is the problem?
Zahra9 May 2018 at 14 h 17 min #11002
- SOFA Consortium, Inria
Hi Zahra !
Great to hear from you, I need a bit more details here.
– Could you detail us the folder architecture ? (src repo, build repo)
– What are all the commands you already ran ?
– Did you configure successfully the project (run the command from the BUILD_DIR: cmake-gui PATH_TO_SRC_DIR)
Hugo10 May 2018 at 13 h 08 min #11006
Thank you 🙂
– There is a folder named sofa which contains two folders, src and build. The ‘build’ contains the ‘v17.12’ folder which is my final build directory.
– I ran all the instructions mentioned in this page: https://www.sofa-framework.org/community/doc/getting-started/build/linux/ except the “clang” section (I am using GCC).
– Yes, in cmake-gui, I defined the source path as: /home/zahra/sofa/src and the build path as: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12. The build.ninja file is created in my build folder.
At this point I should mention that I succeeded in compiling by ninja: When I removed the entry “CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH” from cmake, the file compiled with no error. Now, my problem is that no .scn file run in the modeler, even the scenes in the tutorial do not run.
– emm…Must I also set up the QtCreator besides compiling by ninja?(as explained in the aforementioned page?)
– May the problem be that, cmake says that it “Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)”? (It does not seem like an error in cmake).
– The only change I did to cmake was adding SOFAPYTHON plugin. May it be the cause of not running the scenes?10 May 2018 at 14 h 05 min #11007
” – May the problem be that, cmake says that it “Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)”? (It does not seem like an error in cmake).”
To remove the previous error message, verify that you have GLUT installed on your ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev
I assume this could be an issue.
Noura10 May 2018 at 14 h 31 min #11008
Thank you for your reply. I installed GLUT, but the scenes still do not run…10 May 2018 at 14 h 44 min #11009
Could you share the error message that you get when you run a sample scene or just when you type runSofa ?10 May 2018 at 15 h 03 min #11010
Ammm…Sorry but I am new in Linux! when I open modeler, there is just one window! where I should look for the error messages? In the terminal? If so, when I run the scene, nothing shows in the terminal.
by typing “/home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/bin/runSofa”, I receive the following messages:
[INFO] [runSofa] Loading automatically default plugin list from /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/plugin_list.conf.default
[INFO] [SofaPython] Added ‘/home/zahra/sofa/src/applications/plugins/SofaPython/python’ to sys.path
[INFO] [SofaPython] Added ‘/home/zahra/sofa/src/applications/plugins/PSL/python’ to sys.path
[INFO] [SofaPython] Added ‘/home/zahra/sofa/src/applications/plugins/SofaTest/python’ to sys.path
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libSofaPython.so
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libCImgPlugin.so
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libSofaSphFluid.so
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libSofaMiscCollision.so
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libPSL.so
[INFO] [PluginManager] Loaded plugin: /home/zahra/sofa/build/v17.12/lib/libSofaAllCommonComponents.so
The constructor with a QGLFormat is deprecated, use the regular contructor instead.10 May 2018 at 15 h 52 min #11011
Yes, I meant the error message you get on the terminal when you type runSofa.
According to the output you posted, everything sounds working fine for me (i.e. You didn’t got any error message and the deprecated constructor seems to be just a warning).
Sorry! I have no clue why you don’t get the default scene running properly.
Last thing, you asked if you have to install QtCreator. This is not required, but you should have the library (Qt >= 5.5.0) installed on your OS as mentioned in the build tutorial.15 May 2018 at 17 h 18 min #11055
Thank you Noura for your help. I should add that now when I type “runSofa”, the Caduceous scene opens in the run window and it works properly as I animate it. However, when I type “Modeler”, the modeler opens. When I open a scene in a modeler, either from tutorial or from my own scenes and I hit the run button, I get this error:
FROM SOFA [ERR] >> unrecognised option ‘-t’
Sofa exited safely.
Can anyone help me regarding this issue?
Zahra22 May 2018 at 13 h 16 min #11071
Emm… I have found this post:
which has the same problem as mine and my problem solved. I wish it would have been mentioned somewhere in the installation document that the modeler does not work properly in the version 17.12. It would be a save in time.
Zahra23 May 2018 at 18 h 46 min #11092
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.