The image plugin is a very powerful tool for loading and using images in SOFA. Based on the CImg library, the image plugin namely allows for:
- loading and export of images and videos (2D, 2D+t, 3D, 3D+t):
- from usual image/video formats (jpg, bmp, png, avi),
- to medical formats (dicom, hdr, inr, nii, mhd),
- visualization of images,
- basic image manipulations (such as translation, rotation or merging images),
- filtering operations (cropping, normalizing, Laplacian, Hessian, thresholding and many others).
This plugin is available in SOFA under the LGPL open-source license and can be activated in the project configuration. To get this plugin working, you need to activate the CMake variable
PLUGIN_IMAGE when configuring SOFA.