11 August 2016 at 3 h 48 min #7321KarParticipant
- University of Utah
EDIT: This topic refers to https://www.sofa-framework.org/community/forum/topic/cant-launch-runsofa/
My name is Karthik. I am a new user of SOFA, and SOFA looks very interesting. Some details of my system and software are as follows:
System – Windows 10, 64-bit system
Compiler – Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 with Updates
Qt – 5.6; Boost – 1.59.0; Sofa V 16.08; CMake 3.6.1
I followed all the steps in the documentation “Build -> Windows”. I would like to post some doubts and results I had got.
Doubts: 1. In the “PATH” section of Build -> Windows in documentation , it said that in order to complete the dependencies integration, I have to add Boost and Qt to your PATH. What does this exactly mean? I added Boost and it’s path, Qt and it’s path in the System Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables. But at the end, when I launch runSofa.exe, I am getting exactly the same error as Mr.Philippe mentioned in Reply #6760.. Where exactly am I supposed to add the PATH? Is it in Cmake- Add Entry or in the System’s Environmental Variables?
2. Next, in the “Generate a Makefile with CMake” section, I added the entry CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH with path “C:\Qt_new\5.6\msvc2015_64” in my case. But, Mr.Philippe had mentioned in reply #6772 that he added set (CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH “C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Lib/winv6.3/um/x64”). Which one is correct?
3. In the “Compile” section, it is mentioned there to open Sofa.sln and build the solution. Should I just stop it with building or should I run the solution as well(Start Debugging/Start without Debugging)? Again, after I run the solution, it says that certain files are old and needs to be built. When I build them, it says Access Denied. Do you know how to handle this?
Thanks in Advance.30 August 2016 at 17 h 50 min #7406GuillaumeKeymaster
- SOFA Consortium
Sorry for the delayed answer.
Please create your own topic next time, you can reference a related topic with its URL.
I will try to answer to your questions:
1. You got it. You have to open System Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables and scroll down in “System variables” area to the “Path” line. Double click the value and it will open a window with a long line of paths delimited with semicolons (“;”). What you have to do is to add at the end
;C:\Qt_new\5.6\msvc2015_64\bin;C:\Qt_new\5.6\msvc2015_64\lib;C:\boost\boost_1_59_0\lib64-msvc-14.0(Warning: I don’t know where is your Boost installation).
Tip: You can use a software like Path Editor, it’s more user-friendly 😉
2. Did you try without touching this variable? It would be nice to see if you get the same error as Philippe.
3. After “Configure” and “Generate” steps (with CMake-GUI), nothing is compiled. That’s why you have to open Sofa.sln in Visual Studio and build the solution (press F7). About the “Access Denied” problem, could you try to run Visual Studio with Administrator privilege and then open Sofa.sln?
Hope this helps,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.